First Step Pregnancy and Family Support
Are you facing an unplanned pregnancy?
Are you afraid that you can’t afford a new baby?
Are you alone in your pregnancy?
Is your family already struggling to make ends meet?
First Step can help you move beyond today.
Catholic Charities’ First Step program addresses the social support needs of expectant women and families and helps to ensure that babies and children have the material items necessary for a healthy and safe start in life. First Step provides quality, pro-life pregnancy and family support programming, professional case management, and support services and advocacy for individuals facing an unplanned pregnancy and families with children ages 0-3.
Core services provided by First Step include:
- All Baby Resources (ABR) – assists parents with diapers, food, formula and other necessary items
- Emergency Assistance – combines material and financial assistance with advocacy efforts for persons in need of food, shelter, clothing, essential prescription medication and medical supplies, transportation, utility payments and other services essential to well-being.
- Housing Counseling – provides guidance and limited short term financial assistance to help stabilize housing arrangements for at-risk individuals and families
- Case Management – works with clietns to establish a plan for short-term economic security, while assistng and supporting them in the development of a long-range self-sufficiency plan.
- Parenting Skills Training – focuses on the needs of single parents as well as couples to reinforce the value of cooperation, encouragement, responsibility, communication skills and discipline in building positive parent-child relationships
- Advocacy – links individuals and families with other agency services, community resources and information
If you are thinking about adoption, Catholic Charities can connect you with a licensed adoption specialist to help you explore the adoption process. Click here for more information.
Click here to contact the Catholic Charities agency closest to you.