School Based Services
School based services may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Violence Prevention Training – provides information on peaceful conflict resolution and peer mediation skills to prevent violence and bullying.
- Divorce/Transitions Support Group – provides a forum for children coping with divorce, separation, birth, step-family formation and other family transitions to express their feelings and relate to others in similar situations. The program also offers social and personal skills designed to promote healthy adjustment to change.
- Grief Support Group – designed to help people cope with death, loss or other grief-related issues and to express their feelings in a supportive setting.
- Responsible Social Values Program (R.S.V.P.) – promotes the sanctity of sexual relations within the context of marriage; teaches students the potential consequences of teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS, substance abuse and other emotional issues that teens confront. This program is primarily structured for junior high school students.
- Anger Management – provides practical strategies for coping with anger and frustration in order to alleviate stress on children and families.