First Step Center for Pregnancy & Family Support/Child Safety Kits
Are you facing an unplanned pregnancy?
Are you afraid that you can’t afford a new baby?
Are you alone in your pregnancy?
Is your family already struggling to make ends meet?
Catholic Charities’ First Step Program can help you move beyond today.
Catholic Charities’ First Step program addresses the social support needs of expectant women and families and helps to ensure that babies and children have the material items necessary for a healthy and safe start in life. First Step provides quality pro-life pregnancy and family support programming, professional case management, and support services and advocacy for individuals facing an unplanned pregnancy and families with children ages 0-3.
Core services provided by First Step include:
- All Baby Resources (ABR) – assists parents with diapers, formula, clothing, and other necessary items
- Case Management – works with clients to establish a plan for short-term economic security, while assisting and supporting them in the development of a long-term self-sufficiency plan
- Community Referrals – includes car seat safety and safe sleep classes, public assistance, affordable utility programs, budget planning, employment and educational programs, and parenting classes
- Parenting Skills – focuses on the needs of single parents as well as couples to reinforce the value of cooperation, encouragement, responsibility, communication skills and discipline in building positive parent-child relationships
- Advocacy – provides families with support in a safe, caring environment while linking them with other agency services, community resources, and information
- Child Safety Kits – available at our Ravenna site for families living in Portage County; please call 330-297-7745 for details
If you are thinking about adoption, Catholic Charities can connect you with a licensed adoption specialist to help you explore the adoption process. Click here for more information.
Click here to contact the Catholic Charities agency closest to you.